Friday 3 February 2012

National Museum of Ireland: Natural History

Yesterday, Carly, Laura, Annie, and I decided to venture into city center to go to a museum. We chose the Natural History Museum. Locals have termed it the "dead zoo." I'll put up some pictures and you'll understand why.... it is basically just two giant rooms filled with skeletons and stuffed animals from Ireland and the world. Some of it was a bit creepy- especially the bugs and fish- but it was also very interesting.
 Left: the exterior of the museum. Right: me with a zebra!
Giant Irish Deer... definitely don't see deer like that back home...


Well after we had had our fill of the dead zoo, we decided to go walk around city center, aka shop. I've been pretty good about holding off until now but a sale is a sale and I got a couple of things. What can I say- a girl can't resist a good sale. Or this girl anyways... but it'll hold me off for awhile. Next things on my list are an Irish wool sweater and a Claddagh ring. I'm hoping to find those when we go to Cahir and Tipperary cause we'll be in the quainter towns of Ireland as opposed to the big tourist hubs. Tomorrow, I am going on a day trip with the Cultural Society to Kilkenny so that should also be fun! But for now, its off to be productive!
Slainte!

2 comments:

  1. I would shop till I dropped... well and until my money ran out. So I think you'll do better than me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry... I have 4 1/2 more months. I'm sure there will be more shopping and I am sure my money will run out haha

      Delete