Friday 27 January 2012

Glendalough, Co. Wicklow

Hello! Well this week has been a bit more hectic. Classes are in full swing and I have a lot of school work to go along with them. Mostly monotonous reading. But most of my classes are pretty interesting so it hasn't been too bad. Today I went on a hike with the other two people here at UCD from BU and the 54 BU kids at DCU. We went to Glendalough in County Wicklow. Glendalough means "valley of two lakes." It is the site of an old monastic village.

 From a distance.
 The archways where the gates to the village used to be. Only ones still intact among all the monastic villages in Ireland.
 It was windy and cold... but I posed for a photo-op regardless.
 The chapel.
 The tower.
 Then came the hike to the top of the mountain. The very cold, rainy hike.
 Luckily the sun came out for the walk down! Another photo-op!
 These views are the reason I came to Ireland. Breath-taking.
And we made it back!!


Well it was an exhausting day that left me numb to the core but it was definitely worth it. Got some exercise and to see the picturesque untouched views of Ireland. (And yes Mom- I saw lots of sheep!) Well I'm off to bed because we're getting up super early to head out to Cork tomorrow. Gotta go kiss the Blarney stone!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Did you ruin your sneakers yet?? And we have sheep in our yard every morning now! Lol, but seriously we do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my shoes are taking a beating BUT I have ruined none of the yet. I think it is safe to say that some will be staying behind though.

      Delete