Saturday 21 January 2012

Exploring Dublin

Well this week was all about getting into the swing of things. I had my first week of classes. My schedule is pretty ridiculous. No class Monday or Friday. 1-3 Tuesday. 4-9 Wednesday. 11-1 Thursday. I've never had such a late-starting schedule. I think it'll work out though cause I'll be able to get a good amount of sleep and still be able to run in the morning. This week was a nice week- the weather is very mild. Its been between 40 and 50 degrees the whole time and aside from one quick rain storm (which of course I was waiting for the bus in) we've lucked out. According to my friend's Irish roommate it doesn't rain here much. But I'm not sure if that's just relative to where he lives west of here where it rains all the time? We shall see I suppose. It is extremely windy though, which has not been good for my hair haha.

Wednesday morning I went and explored a little more- walked down Grafton Street (which is Dublin's shopping capital).

Found my favorite lunch spot- chicken baguette sandwich and wedges for 3 euros!! I ate my lunch on a bench in St. Stephen's Green Park where I was hounded by giant seagulls and pigeons.










Thursday we took a trip to one of the many National Museums of Ireland which are free to the public! Woo! We went to the Archaeology and History Museum and saw artifacts from viking and medieval Ireland.
 A canoe dug out of a very large tree.



Well I'm running out to go explore Dublin some more today. I will update you on the rest of my week later!

Cheers!!

1 comment: