Friday 13 January 2012

I'm here!!!

Hello from Dublin!!!! I have now been here for about 3 days or so and it has been lovely! Got in early Tuesday morning (6AM Dublin time, 1AM my time) so it was a rough day but I managed to keep myself awake until about 8PM that night and slept like a baby for a whole 13 hours! I've done some shopping and some pub crawls (including my first Guinness) in between the mandatory orientation events. Its kind of like freshman year all over again. Except every school-sponsored social event includes free alcohol. Wednesday night we went to a traditional Irish Ceili which is a type of dance where I had my first true Irish meal of beef stew and mashed potatoes. I've gone to Grafton Street for shopping- unfortunately mostly room essentials. We went to the Temple Bar and a couple of other local pubs- one even had Irish dancers performing. It has been great fun- especially cause it seems that Dublin is about a decade behind in their music tastes so we've been able to rock out to our favorite 90s tunes! But anyways, I've decided to make this mainly a picture blog so here are some pictures from the first couple days. I've been pretty bad about breaking my camera out but I'm going to try to be better about it so I can properly document my trip!

 Dublin Bus- probably the most confusing public transportation system I've ever used.

My first Irish meal at the Ceili! Yummm!

Pre-drinks served at the Ceili- a shot of Guinness!

My first Guinness!

 Here we go!

 And its gone!

Temple Bar- where we were successfully ripped off.



Well that's it for now. I think we are going to try to take a day trip this weekend to Dun Laoghaire- which is along the coast so I will definitely put pictures up of that adventure!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you finished a Guinness! Most disgusting beer ever!

    ReplyDelete