Sunday 6 May 2012

Studying Blues

So the past couple weeks have been spent splitting time between my internship, studying, and taking exams. The end is in sight -- I am now done with three of them with one more Thursday. I have managed to take a little bit of time to explore some more of Dublin and hang out with the friends that will be returning to America in the next couple weeks. A while back Carly, Laura, Jess, and I bought a Living Social deal for a comedy club so we took a study break and went to that this week. I had never been to a comedy club and have little experience with comedians but it was great. The perfect form of stress relief.



Today, Carly and I took a little trip to Howth, which is a little seaside town just north of Dublin. It was perfect. We walked the pier, wandered the little Sunday markets, and ate some delicious fish and chips by the sea. It was so relaxing and just what I needed. I even managed to find a carrot cake cupcake! Yes!! There are a bunch of hiking trails but we decided to pass because it looked like rain. I will definitely be back though!

 





Unfortunately, now that I'm back it's back to studying. Luckily, tomorrow is a bank holiday for May Day and I don't have to go to work so I get a whole extra day to study! Can't wait! I still love my internship. I haven't really been too immersed yet because I've been taking days off for exams but I got to do some painting the other day and bonded with the other intern. Everyone tells me that I'm too efficient and have to slow it down to Ireland timing. Guess I'll have to work on that... but I really like everyone there and I know the experience will only get better! After my final final exam Carly and I are planning on going to Phoenix Park (where the President lives) and the Dublin Zoo! I still have a couple other Dublin things to check off my list so hopefully I'll find time after finals! But for now, time to hit the books!

Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment