Tuesday 29 May 2012

Sunburn

This past week in Dublin has been absolutely beautiful! Every day it was in the 60s! So so so so so nice to see the sun for a change. So, as I said we moved to our new residence Friday and I was pretty beat after that but Saturday we decided to try to  go to the beach. We went to Sandymount Strand which is along the Dublin Bay. It was really neat and the water was surprisingly warm. People were out in their bathing suits while Jess and I were rocking jeans and t-shirts. I understand it was warm but it wasn't that warm. I guess since this is the hottest it gets you have to take full advantage. So after walking in the sand for a bit we got some ice cream and sat in the grass to relax. A couple hours later we decided to hit the road and went grocery shopping on the way home. This was about the time I realized how red I was. When you're wearing jeans you don't think to wear sunscreen... whoops. My arms are soooooooooo red. And since I was wearing a t-shirt, it is an unfortunate farmer's burn. My face was also quite red but luckily that's gone down. I've been non-stop applying aloe lotion and I went out and bought some sunscreen today so that doesn't happen again...







Sunday I decided to go into to town and do some wandering. My first stop was the Chester Beatty Library. It was basically three exhibits from his collection. One had to do with Asian art and manuscripts, one was about religion, and the temporary one was about the Bamboo Cutter--basically a story depicted on a bamboo scroll about this mythical girl who was adopted by a couple after they found her in a bamboo chute. It was probably my favorite part. Unfortunately, I couldn't take pictures but I took some of the outside and of the back of Dublin Castle.

 Left: Chirstchurch Cathedral, Right: back of Dublin Castle

 Left: Dublin Castle gardens, Right: Chester Beatty Library

 Left: rooftop garden, Right: view


Afterward, I headed to Grafton Street to do some more souvenir shopping (and get that sunscreen) before heading back. Overall, a beautiful day well spent. Now it's halfway through the work week and almost another weekend! This weekend I'm going to Newgrange for a day trip and a concert with a friend. It's a bank holiday Monday so that means a 4-day weekend! Yessss!

Two and a half more weeks! 18 days until Mom comes, 29 days until USA!

Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment